Dear MACC Patrons,
I want to encourage everyone to VOTE YES on 4B – supporting arts, science and culture through the SCFD – which will be on the November ballot. You should receive your mail-in ballot soon. Note that the ballot this year is very long, so we are asking everyone to go to the end first and register your vote for SCFD and then go back to the beginning to decide on the hard stuff.
The SCFD is the single largest annual funder of the MACC/JCC. It is vital in enabling the Arts Center to provide world class cultural and educational programs for our community. But beyond our own interest, the SCFD provides foundational funding that makes our entire community a more vibrant place to live, work and raise our families AND it is unique in the US – Go Colorado!!
I also wanted you to know that if you are supportive and would like a yard sign (they are super cute!), you can get one by stopping by the JCC Front Desk or MACC box office anytime during the work day.
For those who would like to know more, here are a few details:
- The SCFD is funded by a 1 penny on every $10 purchase in the seven counties that make up the Greater Denver Metro area.
- Last year SCFD provided over $54 million to over 300 arts, culture and science organizations, like the MACC. To put this in context, last year the entire budget of the National Endowment for the Arts (providing arts funding to the entire US) was $148 million.
- SCFD funds assisted in cultural organizations reaching 4.25 million students last year.
- SCFD funded facilities deliver a $1.85 billion annual boost to our economy by generating jobs, tourism and audience spending.
- SCFD supports more than 100 free days at places like the Zoo and the Museum of Nature and Science – just to name a few.
- The SCFD has strong bipartisan support in the Colorado State House and Senate.
- The vote reauthorizes the SCFD until 2030, when it will again be put forth for renewal.
Warm regards and thanks for your support,
Executive Artistic Director, Mizel Arts and Culture Center at the J